Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
The teriyaki chicken turned out well! It's the first time I've cooked with chicken thighs, and they turned out nice and juicy and tasty (probably because there's more fat on them than chicken breasts). And other than the need to plan ahead to make them, they're really easy!
This recipe came from the August 2003 MIT Graduate Student Council newsletter, in an article by Peter How. It tastes good--and it's easy to make!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 6 chicken thighs with skin on*
- Whisk non-chicken ingredients together until sugar is dissolved.
- Add chicken to sauce and marinate (in a Ziploc bag in your fridge) for between 5 hours and 1 day.
- Cook in a 9x13 pan in a preheated 375F oven, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. Then remove foil and cook 30 minutes longer.
*Peter says: Always cook the chicken with the skin ON; it will dry out very quickly without the skin. You can always take it off later.
(makes 6 servings)