Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Jewish Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe
This is my mom's recipe. We have it with Christmas breakfast every year.
Jewish Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds (or chopped walnuts)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10" tube
pan. (I used a bundt pan instead)
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add
vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to
butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour.
- Combine filling ingredients.
- Spread half of the batter in the pan, sprinkle with
half of the filling, spread remaining batter in pan, and top with
remaining filling (reverse for bundt pan, starting with
filling instead of batter).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes and remove from pan.
(makes 16 servings)